We promote inclusivity, equity and diversity in the community and in the workplace. We also believe in skills development throughout our careers, so we’re constantly learning and passing these new skills on to our clients. The Skills Centre is an inclusive, accessible, safe & welcoming place for people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ethnicities & lived experiences. We're here to help you succeed, and we're ready to help today.Meet the Team
The Skills Centre supports the development of skilled, productive, and engaged individuals and workplaces where:
- People have meaningful, prosperous careers
- People are confident, self-reliant, and engaged
- Youth are self-directed
- Workplaces are productive, responsive, inclusive and diverse
- The region has a diverse pool of qualified talent
Our strategic priorities include:
The Skills Centre is an inclusive, accessible, safe & welcoming place for people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ethnicities & lived experiences.
- Creating dynamic solutions to build and expand an inclusive and diversified labour market. Creating, modeling and inspiring social and economic development.
- We believe in a person’s basic right to a quality of life suitable for their physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and social development, including suitable food, shelter, education, health care, and safety.
- We respect each other’s rights, freedoms & responsibilities within the community and work to enhance each other’s success.
Our dedicated team is ready to help you!
The Skills Centre is an inclusive, accessible, safe & welcoming place for people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ethnicities & lived experiences. We're here to help you succeed, and we're ready to help today.
"This program has been life changing for me."
CARF accreditation has been the internationally recognized benchmark of quality service providers for more than 50 years. The Skills Centre received its CARF accreditation in July 2021 following an intensive review.
The public can look at CARF accreditation as assurance that the Skills Centre strives to offer the highest quality programs and services.
As one client told the certification committee, ‘The Skills Centre goes above and beyond to help clients build confidence in themselves.’
We're proud of the communities we serve
We are grateful to live and work on the unsurrendered traditional territories of the Sinixt, Ktunaxa, Syilx and Secwepemc First Nations. We honour our relationships with these First Nations and all other First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples who reside in these territories.