Journeyman Truck & Trailer Mechanic
We are looking for a Journeyman Truck & Trailer Mechanic to join our Summit Truck & Equipment Repair team in the West Kootenays, just a 30 minute commute from Castlegar, BC. As a Sutherland Group company, Summit values more than simply providing industry-renowned services to our clients. We put the happiness, success, and growth of our team members and community first. Join us in our commitment to elevate and innovate in the Heavy Duty Repair industry.
- Wage is $35-40 per hour, depending on experience
- 4 on/4 off rotation with 11 hour day shifts. No night shifts!
- Excellent work/life balance – enjoy 4 straight days off in the Kootenays every week
- Consistent, steady work in a professional and respectful environment. As a member of the Sutherland Group, we are proud to be able to serve not only our loyal clients, but our partner companies as well, guaranteeing work for our industry-leading teams.
SUTHERLAND GROUP BENEFITS
Summit is a proud member of the Sutherland Group of Companies. It is our great pleasure to extend the following benefits to all Sutherland Group team members:
- Pension Program with Sutherland Group matching contributions up to 100%, starting at 3%, increasing in graduated increments and topping out at 5% after 8 years.
- Extended health benefits program through a cost shared benefits plan
- Confidential Employee Family Assistance Program
- Health & Safety Policy & Programs
- Banking services partnership with BMO – exclusive product offerings for our employees and their family members, when certain employment conditions are met.
- Perform quality repairs & preventative maintenance services on heavy trucks and trailers.
- Discuss ideas, diagnose issues, and find solutions to difficult problems.
- Complete inspection reports to record problems and work performed.
- Train and assist other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Maintain positive working relationships with supervisors and other staff members in all departments.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Lead Hand.
- Perform inspections, diagnostic tests, troubleshooting and general vehicle repair.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Work in compliance with Company Health & Safety policies, and OHSA standards.
- Provide routine maintenance on tractors, trailers and mobile equipment such as forklifts and loaders
- Check all equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair that is required.
- Perform incidental welding repairs on equipment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
As a member of the Summit Truck & Equipment Repair team, we expect you bring the following to the table:
- Journeyman Truck & Transport Mechanic or Journeyman Trailer Mechanic ticket
- Ability to be a team player who can share knowledge by teaching and coaching junior Mechanics
- Experience in commercial truck and trailer repairs such as brake, suspension, electrical and emission systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with clean abstract
JOIN THE TEAM
If you think there’s a fit, we look forward to meeting you and thank you in advance for your application. Visit our website to learn more about The Sutherland Group
ABOUT SUMMIT TRUCK AND EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Summit Truck and Equipment Repair offers heavy equipment and commercial transport repair based in Salmo, British Columbia. Offering mobile services, welding and fabrication and full stocked parts and tire department, Summit has been a trusted heavy industry repair partner serving the West Kootenays for over 25 years.
A SUTHERLAND GROUP COMPANY
The Sutherland Group of Companies is a specialized integrated network of heavy industry experts, with an offering that extends from equipment and logistics through to people and safety, in service of high-performing customers in the civil, forestry, transportation, and marine industries in search of complex supply chain solutions.
For nearly 30 years, we have worked to position The Sutherland Group as a heavy industry leader, not only with our partners, but from within. We are proud to prioritize the success of our team members by offering a diversified workplace, competitive compensation plans, benefits, training, and ongoing growth opportunities.