Home Support Scheduler
We are seeking a Casual Home Support Scheduler at Castlegar Home Support in Castlegar, BC.
Days of work: Rotating, Days, Evenings
Shift times: 06:30 to 14:30, 05:30 to 13:30, 12:00 to 20:00
This is a casual position. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and that days of work and shift times may vary. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
What will you work on?
The Home Support Scheduler is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules. Duties may include:
• Receiving service referrals and changes;
• Reviewing client needs and matches Community Health Workers based on suitability, geographic location, and skills required;
• Schedules, monitors, maintains and adjusts Community Health Worker’s schedules and client appointments;
• Confirms completion of client service to referral clinician;
What should your application include?
• A current 5 Minute Typing Test 30 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of graduation from a recognized Office Administration Program;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
Where are we located?
Located in the Selkirk Mountain range, Castlegar has become known as one of the most desirable places to live in the region. A vibrant mix of commerce, recreation, and community makes Castlegar an easy choice for a comfortable and active way of life. Natural beauty and rugged adventure is at your doorstep in Castlegar with its biking and hiking trails and world-class skiing at nearby Red Mountain. Kayaking adventures are also very popular on the Slocan River. Castlegar is hub-central for exploring life’s tickle trunk of outdoor activity in the West Kootenays. Camp, hike, shop, golf, fish, mountain bike, pursue arts and culture, or wildlife watch.
We love it here…
“Castlegar is a great place to live and work. It is a friendly city with many opportunities to enjoy nature with rivers, nearby lakes, and camping. Many recreation opportunities are here such as Millennium Park, golf and nearby skiing, and there is a strong Doukhobor heritage. There are great restaurants and schools and it is a good place to raise kids, being not too big and not too small. Our city supports an earth-friendly model with initiatives such as our new energy conscious City Hall and LED street light program. I feel very fortunate and proud to still live in the area where I grew up and to be able to walk to work. Castlegar is a wonderful place to be!” – Shelley Lefurgey, RN BSN, Talarico Place Lodge
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Program, plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 min Typing Test 30 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Competition #: 01918758
Employee Type: CASUAL
Bargaining Unit: UFCW
Facility: CASTLEGAR HOME SUPPORT
Department: KBR HOME SUPPORT-SCHEDUL
Reports To: MANAGER OR DESIGNATE
Hourly Wage: $27.21 – $29.64
Close Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT