Are you seeking an opportunity where you can make a meaningful impact and be part of an organization that puts their community and employees first? If you possess exceptional communication skills, have a proven track record of success providing administrative assistance, and enjoy working in a professional, confidential, fast-paced environment with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, this opportunity might be the perfect fit for you.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you are responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties supporting the CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership team. This includes but is not limited to coordinating and attending various meetings and events, minute-taking, and distribution, arranging travel plans, and assisting with managing the CEO’s calendar. You are also responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance and organization of essential corporate records, as corporate document custodian.
In addition, you will play a pivotal role in championing and advancing our commitment to diversity, equity, and sustainability (DEI) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives. This includes leveraging your understanding of DEI principles and collaborating with other team members to develop and implement strategies that support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Working closely with stakeholders, you’ll integrate ESG considerations into our business practices, assisting in the development and implementation of sustainable and responsible banking practices. You will primarily work on-site, providing direct support to the CEO and executive team, fostering collaboration and in-person interactions. However, we recognize the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility for occasional remote work.
Nestled in the natural beauty of the Selkirk and Monashee mountain ranges, next to the mighty Columbia River, the Greater Trail area offers year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast from golfing to skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, hiking and much more. Amenities include the region’s largest hospital, Selkirk College and an aquatic and leisure centre, all surrounded by inviting neighbouring communities that are within easy commuting distance. Affordable, safe, and volunteer-oriented communities provide all the modern technology and amenities to keep you connected. Here you will find outstanding opportunities for living life well and to its fullest. For more information about the Greater Trail region, please visit imaginekootenay.com.
KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
We are the region’s leading credit union with over $1.6 billion in assets, over 30,000 members and over 200 employees. Our Corporate Office is in Trail, BC, along with our Member Service Centre and we have eleven branches throughout the East & West Kootenays offering retail and commercial banking services. We’re community-minded, we donate back to the community, support local non-profits, and provide sponsorships and bursaries for students to help them grow. It’s part of who we are as Kootenay Savings Credit Union and, together as a team, we can make a real difference. For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com. For more information about the Kootenay regions, please visit imaginekootenay.com.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, office management, or a related field.
• A minimum of three years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar administrative role. Credit Union or Financial Institution experience would be an asset.
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and multitasking abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to apply correct Business English practices and business writing skills.
• Familiarity with accounting terminology or a foundational understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Highly competent in software applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as video conference tools (including Zoom and MS Teams).
• Demonstrated professionalism, discretion, and ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality.
• Strong understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles.
• Familiarity with Environmental, Social, and Governance concepts.
• Proactive problem-solving skills.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Ability to work extended hours of work and travel as needed (e.g., Board meetings, Planning sessions, etc.).
• Familiarity with the Financial Institutions Act (FIA) and Credit Union Incorporations Act (CUIA).
• Ability to build/maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return, we offer a total rewards package that includes:
• Competitive salary of $68K – $80K based on skills and experience
• Competitive benefits including extended health, dental and vision coverage
• Health care and Personal spending account
• Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
• Confidential employee and family assistance program
• Continual training, development and coaching
• Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans and mortgages
• The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
• Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
• Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
If you are a team player ready to take on an exciting challenge in a progressive, employee-focused environment, we’d like to hear from you!
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: February 1, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Competitive salary of $68K – $80K per year based on skills and experience