ECE Childcare Worker
RED Mountain Resort is looking for a part-time ECE (Early Childhood Educator) Childcare Worker. This is your chance to work in a fast-paced and exciting role in the tourism industry!
The wage rate for this position is $19.81/per hour. This position will also be eligible for an additional $8.00/per hour wage enhancement through government subsidies.
The ECE Childcare Worker will be responsible for caring for children aged 18 months to 5 years old in a safe, fun, educational and professional manner.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acting as a first point of contact to children and parents, and providing excellent customer service and attention to children’s needs.
- Providing professional child care to all children in the facility, which operates 7 days a week, 8:00am-4:00pm daily.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment, including regular cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
- Supervise and facilitate lunch time
- Follow and assist in developing daily schedule, including crafts, play, lunch, rest, reading and outdoor activities.
- Support children attending ski lessons but having them dressed and ready for instructor pick-up
- Assist children with hand-washing and diapering, as required.
The successful candidates will have a positive attitude, be pleasant, neat in appearance, punctual and reliable.
The qualifications for these positions are:
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE) certificate.
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma and be at least 19 years of age
- Must have experience providing childcare in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Must be able to maintain a high energy level and able to keep up with full days of providing care to children
- Must be physically able to assist and lift children as required.
- Able to multi-task and be flexible to changing needs and circumstances
- Able to communicate effectively, in a professional manner, with colleagues, supervisor and staff in other departments
- The language of work is English; additional language skills are considered an asset.
- Candidates will be required to follow all COVID safety protocols in place.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Wage rate: In accordance with the USW collective agreement.