The Village of Montrose is looking for a dynamic and flexible individual for a regular part-time position within the Administration and General Government function of the Village of Montrose. This position provides clerical, primary reception duties and administrative support on a part-time basis – primarily Fridays 8:30am -4:30pm and occasionally relief work on other weekdays from time to time as needed.
• Performing bookkeeping tasks relating to cash receiving, depositing, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions;
• Assume Deputy Clerk/Treasurer responsibilities in the absence of the Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
• Responsible for responding to all public inquiries
• Greet the public in person or by phone and respond to public enquiries;
• Perform accounting tasks relating to cash receiving, depositing, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions;
• Process incoming and outgoing mail;
• Complete spreadsheets, word processing and typing assignments;
• Assist with preparation of agendas and reports;
• Maintain the Village’s Records Management System within the Administration and General Government function;
• Maintain the inventory of office materials and supplies;
• Other duties within the scope of the position as may be assigned .
• Valid BC driver’s license;
• Competence in general office procedures and the use of office equipment, acquired through recognized course work, practical work experience or a combination thereof;
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office/Excel Suite;
• Competence in performing all bookkeeping and accounting tasks;
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain the Local Government Administration Certificate
Montrose is a small municipality with a broad range of services. Friendliness, patience, flexibility, confidentiality, accuracy, ability to learn, and a good understanding of procedural fairness are essential personal qualities required for this position. The hourly wage range is $33.01 to $34.38 pursuant to the Collective Agreement.
Interested applicants must include a cover letter, a complete resume of relevant education and work experience, as well as two work-related references, by 4:00 p.m. Monday, January 22nd, 2024.
Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Montrose
PO Box 510
Montrose, BC V0G 1 PO