We offer gentle & effective programs for survivors of violence and abuse. Join us in a safe space and learn the tools to help you in healing the past and looking towards the future.CTA
SOVA: Survivors of Violence & Abuse
Have you survived trauma and feel that you would benefit from a supportive training environment to find employment? Our holistic approach to training will prepare you for the job that you want and will ensure that your needs are met on numerous levels - mental, spiritual, physical, and emotional.
We offer men’s and women’s programs, and we welcome LGBTQ2SIA+ participants.
- Workshops on setting boundaries, healthy communication, self-care, impacts of abuse and shame, stress and anger management, self-esteem, self-awareness, yoga and mindfulness
- Access to free short and long term certificates and upgrades
- Workshops on job searches, resume writing, and interview skills
- Job placement support including wage subsidies and matching you with an employer
- Funding for transportation and childcare, refreshments on workshop days, required work clothing or gear, and a small weekly stipend
How it works
We will work with you individually or you can join a small group of other participants who have also survived trauma and work with us over three months to get or refresh the skills and certifications you need to be competitive in the labour market.
Meet your facilitators
Did you know our logo represents diverse people connecting and supporting each other? We're here to help you.
Our program facilitators have your best interests in mind. They are caring, capable & trained to help you succeed. We know you have questions. Contact our office today to find out how we can help you.
"The skills and insights that I gained has positively changed every aspect of my life and reshaped my future. The kind, compassionate and knowledgeable facilitators created a safe, pleasant, and supportive environment to discover the kind of future that I have always dreamed about, but not had the skills nor confidence to pursue."