Warehouse Person First Aid
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
The duties of a Warehouseman are to provide the proper and efficient operation of a store/warehouse or material stock control operations.
A Warehouseman reports to a Staff Supervisor or delegate.
- Responsible for the timely shipping and receiving of all material and parts shipments and their quantities and records.
- Maintains adequate stock supplies by issuing material requisitions and local purchase orders.
- Performs record keeping, accounts balancing, inventory control and report preparations, etc.
- Trains new employees and employees in lower classifications, as required.
- Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
- In addition to the foregoing, a Warehouseman may be required to transport scrap transformers, become Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certified, maintain a data base of waste apparatus, complete and manage hazardous waste forms, liaise with third-party waste contractors, and maintain PPE for and perform housekeeping work at hazardous waste storage facilities. When a warehouseman is required to perform any of these functions, the Company will provide any and all necessary training.
- In addition to the qualifications of a Warehouse Clerk, the Warehouseman must have good knowledge of materials and parts used by automotive, electrical, mechanical and Transmission & Distribution and Generation operations.
- Holder of Class 3 Driver’s License with air endorsement
- Must possess and maintain an Industrial First Aid Level 3 Certification
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.