Chances Castlegar is looking for outgoing, professional, and passionate individuals to join our Food & Beverage Team! You will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our guests while also ensuring compliance with BCLC rules and regulations.
This position requires flexibility regarding scheduling and hours including evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts. .
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Receiving orders from our guests and entering them into the POS System
- Knowing how menu items are prepared and communicating this to the customer when asked
- Being able to recommend menu items based on customer preferences
- Informing guests of any daily specials, feature menus, or current Free Play promotions
- Ensuring food is received by our guest(s) in a timely manner
- Ensuring that bills are presented to tables in a timely fashion and being able to process payments via credit card, debit card, cash, meal tickets etc.
- Assisting other servers and covering other sections as needed;
- Clearing all used dishware and glassware from the restaurant and gaming floor
- Re-stocking cutlery and alcohol in the bar as required;
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments;
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Available full-time or part-time with flexibility for scheduling including: evenings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Minimum or extensive experience in the restaurant/service environment
- Previous POS experience an asset
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and assign degrees of urgency to tasks in a fast paced environment
- WHMIS Certification
- Serving it Right Certification
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.45 per hour
Additional pay: Tips
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 considerations: COVID-19 Safety Plan in place for the safety of our customers and our staff.
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (preferred)