Technical Analyst 2
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
As a Technical Analyst at FortisBC, this position is responsible for providing technical support to the end users at FortisBC. This includes, but is not limited to, desktop computing, mobile computing, communications, end-user support, printing devices, network infrastructure and server storage, data centre equipment.
- Provide frontline and advanced technical support to our end users
- Administers and completes advanced technology requests
- Performs departmental deskside/helpdesk functions including problem receiving, recording, and tracking.
- Administers departmental software and hardware inventory records
- Perform upgrades, installations, and preventive maintenance tasks
- Respond to client calls and incident tickets for support
- Researches advanced end user solutions for hardware and software
- Administer Software licensing
- Provide advanced support for mobile and smart devices
- Repair computer software and/or hardware and arranges with external vendors to obtain repairs and quotes when necessary.
- Assist senior staff on various projects
- Create device images and software packages for deployment
- Set-up/deliver PC equipment, recycle of excess surplus equipment.
- Processes quotes, arranges procurement and validates necessary hardware and software
- Track work performed in problem management system, prepare progress reports, administer and maintain corporate workstation assets.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company’s computer systems.
- Administer multiple resources, task breakdown, and delegation and set milestones.
- Estimate/execute a series of tasks required for a minor or intermediate project.
- Provide intermediate support to the technical analyst 1
- Some travel may be required
- 2 year Diploma in Computer or Electronics Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years’ experience related work experience.
- Competence in the execution small projects
- Related work experience and a strong understanding of:
- current operating systems applicable to the job
- imaging processes in a corporate environment
- software deployment in a corporate environment
- working knowledge of the server environment
- Maintaining business contacts with suppliers, service reps and other businesses.
- Windows Server based network environment including user maintenance, scheduling, printer configuration, remote connectivity, etc.
- Microsoft Office applications, collaboration and communication systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of all peripherals and network attached devices including but not limited to printers, scanners, plotters, cameras, mobile, smart devices.
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s license.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.