Regional Concurrent Disorders Clinician
Freedom Quest provides free, community-based, client-centered, low-barrier, confidential, voluntary, and non-judgmental services and programming to youth who are, or who are risk of being, adversely affected by substance use in the West Kootenay Boundary Region. Freedom Quest’s services and programming support these young people in experiencing new opportunities, overcoming barriers, preventing further adversity, building positive relationships, and developing the confidence and skills for life.
The Regional Concurrent Disorders Clinician:
– is a member of the Leadership Team and is an active member in management-level decision-making regarding mental health programming at the agency,
– provides direct service (outreach) to youth aged 12-19 throughout the West Kootenay Boundary region, and
– provides clinical supervision to one or more members of the Staff Team who provide direct service to children and youth aged 6-19 and their families.
The Regional Concurrent Disorders Clinician is anticipated to allocate their time to the tasks below, however, they have the flexibility to manage their schedule and task list according to the needs of the communities they serve as well as to the needs of the agency and the contract(s). They are invited to communicate to the Executive Director any changes to the following task list according to their actual experience of the position.
– Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Work or related area is preferred. For example:
– MSW (Clinical Specialization or equivalent training/education),
– MA/Med (Counselling Psychology),
– Master’s Degree in Child and Youth Care (CYC), or
– Graduate of a recognized school of nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CBNBC) and/or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC (CRPRNBC).
Vacation: 4 weeks/year
Benefits: Full benefits paid by employer, 5% RRSP contribution (following probation)
Office Location: 349 Columbia Ave., Castlegar, BC
Communities Served: Regional (Trail, Nelson, Castlegar, Salmo, Grand Forks, Nakusp, Kaslo, & surrounding areas)
For full details on the Concurrent Disorders Clinician Position, visit: https://www.freedomquestyouthservices.ca/work-with-us.html