RCMP Guard (Casual)
The City of Trail is accepting applications for the position of Guard at the Trail & Greater District RCMP Detachment. This is a casual position involving daytime, evening and nighttime shifts. Guards are responsible for the continuous monitoring of both male and female prisoners lodged in Detachment cells during which time a log book is maintained. Guards are also responsible for providing meals and reading materials to the prisoners and notifying Detachment personnel of any issues requiring attention. A detailed job description outlining the duties more specifically is attached. This position can involve being called out on short notice and therefore it is desirable that the incumbent reside within a reasonable distance from the Trail & Greater District RCMP Detachment located at 3601 Laburnum Drive, Trail, British Columbia. The incumbent will possess the following:
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to exercise considerable independent judgment.
- Experience in dealing with the public in volatile situations is considered an asset.
- CONFIDENTIALITY IS PARAMOUNT. The incumbent must obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance to be accepted into the position. This position is within the CUPE Local 2087 Bargaining Unit. Wages are as per the Collective Agreement and are $22.24 per hour.
Applications should include a cover letter and a detailed resume and be delivered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Trail thanks all applicants for their interest and will only reply to those selected for an interview.