Property Manager - Termed
Termed part-time position 21-28hrs/week until return of medical incumbant
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the management of all property management duties as directed by the Housing Supervisor at assigned building sites. Prepares and produces reports from a variety of databases and information sources. Key duties include ensuring that: recording and reporting functions are accurately and regularly carried out in accordance with Association standards; property management requirements are met and maintained, the effective supervision of assigned department staff is sustained including effective involvement in the hiring, firing and disciplining processes, when applicable; marketing strategies and tactics for quality improvement of designated building site(s) and tenant relations is conducted; and qualified contractors are in place and work conducted is appropriately inspected. In addition staff will actively participate in the development of housing policy / procedure formulation, service evaluation, and budget compliance.
• Post-secondary certification in Property Management and/or university or post-secondary certification in a related field (bargaining unit HR management experience preferred) OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Two to three years progressively more responsible program management experience with an in-depth working knowledge of social housing based programs and services, applicable legislation and policies, including the Residential Tenancy Act; and issues surrounding assigned community relations.
• Ability to function independently, and frequently under pressure, while managing stressful and emergency / crisis situations, is an on-going expectation. Participation at meetings, conferences and other events may involve long work days, and or evening and weekend work, therefore commitment to rotational on-call schedule is required.
• Current BC Driver’s License and reliable personal vehicle usable for occasional business use.
• Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills.
• Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling and administrative skills
$22.63/hr for 21-28hrs per week Termed position