Project Coordinators - Community Energy Association
Community Energy Association (CEA) is seeking Project Coordinators to support work in its Capacity and Leadership Development and Transportation service areas. This role is part of the Corporate Services Area and will report to the Project Controller and involves providing administrative and financial project support to assigned service areas during project planning and implementation.
CEA is a member-based, non-profit organization working since 1995 at the community level to reduce emissions, conserve energy and progressively transition to a low carbon, resilient economy. Our Capacity & Leadership Development Service Area fosters local climate leadership through education, networking, and information-sharing between communities to enhance local knowledge, capacity, and commitment for climate action rooted in collaborative implementation. Likewise, our Transportation Service Area focuses on empowering local governments to leverage the policy, planning and implementation lever available to them to advance low carbon electrification of transportation within their communities.
Our team of over 40 continually inspire each other by being profoundly committed, each day, to our shared purpose and delivering high-quality, impactful work. To continue to empower personal and organizational excellence, CEA respects and supports each staff as necessary, including work flexibility and professional development. To learn more about our policy on caring for clients, people and planet, you can read our report, Going Beyond.
Our work includes developing and re-booting community energy plans, creating plans for local government operations, drafting policy for local governments, publishing research, educating local government staff and elected officials, celebrating local government achievements, assessing renewable energy opportunities, and deploying related infrastructure.
Experience-based compensation based on a 35-hour work week:
• A1 Salary band, which ranges from $45 000 - $55 000 dependant on qualifications and experience
• 5 weeks’ vacation, competitive benefits package through Pacific Blue Cross • Employment type: Permanent salaried staff • Location: Flexible within Canada • Workplace: Work from home with computer and home office allowance provided
Project Support – 80%
• Main contact person for the designated Service Area for all financial and other administrative functions • Support project managers from project inception to project closure from the financial and administrative aspects • Working with project managers to track project timelines, budget, invoices, and contracts • Support project managers in narrative and financial reporting to clients/funders, including preparing documents • Coordinate and communicate tasks and roles, as well as schedule meetings for CEA staff and external clients • Support the project manager in gathering information as needed • Lead training for staff in Service Areas on administrative procedures
Internal Operations – 20%
• Administrative support for Finance, Accounting, HR and Communications Teams as required
• Self-directed and comfortable with remote work • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Proven contributions to strategic decision-making • Effective interpersonal and coordination skills • Process oriented with prior experience in process development and improvement • Positive attitude and strong work ethic • Thorough working knowledge of MS Office tools • Degree, designation (e.g., PMP), or equivalent experience related to program/project management, leadership, local governments, or climate action
Nice to have
• Capacity to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities • Flexibility to provide varying levels of support across different projects as required • Ability to multitask and manage a diverse range of responsibilities • Ability to adopt a proactive approach to problem-solving
Apply to HR@Communityenergy.bc.ca by Friday June 9th, 2023. We thank all applicants for your interest. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. NO telephone inquiries please.
Send a two-page maximum resume, and contacts for at least 2 references.
Create a short (3 minute or less) video, upload to YouTube with a link. Send the link along with the items above (please test before sending). In the video, kindly answer the following questions:
Why are you interested in this position?
Why do you think you'd be great for this position?
Any specific training or skill sets you have that are extra valuable in this position?
Where do you think you’d need the most support from the rest of the team in this position?
Highlight your preference for either the Transportation or Capacity & Leadership Development Service Area positions and why it interests you.