Full Job Description KC Recycling is looking to hire a full-time Plant Worker.
We are looking for a self-starter, ideally with a background in laboring or has relevant experience. As an eligible employer, we are also welcoming applications from clients of WorkBC , Get Youth Working and many other programs that help our local community find work.
At KC Recycling, we strive to deliver on our mission of “preserving a sustainable world for future generations – right here in the Kootenays, recycling with integrity and safety” in every aspect of our business. As one of Western Canada and US Pacific Northwest premier leader in recycling of hazardous materials, we have the unique opportunity to expand our service offering to our customers and are looking for candidates to join us on our journey. Our dedicated team is hardworking, personable, and passionate about safety and delivering quality results.
What can KC Recycling can offer you?
· Competitive pay! - We are offering a starting wage of $20 an hour plus overtime!
· Great Benefit Package! – We offer an extensive benefits plan as well as $250 towards work boots every 6 months & $500 towards eyewear every 2 years..
· Profit Sharing Program!
. RRSP Matching Program!
· A positive and inclusive work environment!
What does KC Recycling require from you?
. Valid driver's license
· Physically and mentally able to stand for extended periods whilst wearing a respirator
. Ability and willingness to do a combination of night shifts and day shifts
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
· Ability to perform light mechanical duties – including identifying and using common tools
· Willingness to complete required courses including forklift training and scissor lift training if you do not yet have prior experience
· Proficiency in following direction
· Commitment to KC Recycling’s Health & Safety policies
· Strong awareness of surroundings at all times.
· Dedication to maintaining good housekeeping practices
· Positive Attitude
· Great attention to detail.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Overtime pay Benefits:
Company events Dental care Extended health care Profit sharing RRSP match Vision care Schedule:
10 hour shift Ability to commute/relocate:
Trail, BC V1R 4L7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)