Parts Manager - Motorsports - Glacier Honda
The Parts Manager is responsible for working, overseeing and managing the Dealership Parts Department.
The motivated and results-driven Parts Manager is a leader who is devoted to managing an efficient parts department. They are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of the parts department operation.
The Parts Manager is an excellent communicator and collaborator and is a master at running a profitable and efficient Parts Department. They are well versed in purchasing and inventory control and are constantly setting goals and achieving them.
The Parts Manager is responsible for managing and organizing personnel in the Parts Department by training, motivating and monitoring employees and their activities/results.
A Parts Manager upholds the dealerships’ standards and values so that the customer is fully satisfied with every interaction in the service department. As a team player, the Parts Manager fosters good relationships with personnel in all areas of the dealership.
Be Effective in Project Management
· Run a profitable and efficient parts department.
· Order parts and tools as necessary.
· Accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising.
· Act as an advisor and profit producer.
· Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
· Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department.
· Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence.
· Review and analyse actions regularly to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
· Handle customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
Lead Employees in Parts Department
· Hire, train, motivate and monitor the performance of all Parts Department employees.
· Direct and schedule the activities of all Parts Department employees.
· Provide technical assistance to Parts Department employees as required.
Be an Excellent Collaborator
· Work with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs/work orders.
· Strive for positive teamwork with all with all other departments.
· Attend Managers’ meetings as required.
· Maintain good working relationship with the manufacturer and suppliers.
· Maintain effective employee relations within and between departments.
Commit to the Dealership Brand
· Complete training offered by the dealership within manufacturer’s prescribed requirements.
· Ensure that all Parts Department staff members complete the required training within manufacturer’s prescribed requirements.
· Stay up-to-date on dealership training programs.
· Possess strong product knowledge.
· Adhere to and promote the dealerships marketing efforts to maximize Parts, Accessories, and Tires sales
· Possess a strong knowledge of automotive parts and technical/mechanical repairs.
· Be knowledgeable about new product features and updates.
· Be a champion for delivering excellent service at all times.
· Actively maintain the cleanliness of personal and team workspaces.
· Maintain a high level of professional appearance.
Develop and maintain full knowledge about the Industry
· Keep up to date with products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
· Understand and comply with federal, provincial, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
· Must have completed training and certification for “Transportation of Dangerous Goods”.
· Strong knowledge of automotive parts and technical/mechanical repairs.
· Strong manufacturer product knowledge.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with an upbeat and engaging attitude.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Effective written communication skills.
· Organized and an attention to detail with the ability to document customer needs.
· Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
· Ability to multitask.
· Strong inventory control knowledge.
· Strong budget management skills.
· Strong purchasing skills.
· Ability to manage customer complaints and to solve difficult problems.
Education & Experience
· Strong product knowledge.
· Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
· Knowledge and experience of Dealer Management Systems
· Experience in an automotive or similar industry’s Parts Department/ Inventory Control is a must
· One (1) year dealership product experience is preferred.
· Automotive dealership experience preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License for province of employment.
· Strong product knowledge.
· Strong understanding of technical/mechanical repairs.