On-Site Service Representative
The Onsite Service Representative’s (OSR) main function is to support Grainger’s strategic vision to be Our Customers’ First Choice by providing the best service each and every time to customers in helping them manage their inventory. The Onsite Services Representative also works closely with cross-functional business partners to help customers understand how Grainger can provide solutions to their business’ MRO needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Services multiple customer locations doing the following:
Receives and stocks purchased product in designated customer locations
Ensures proper product stocking levels at customer locations by scanning for orders as inventory is depleted
Oversees customer inventory locations by ensuring proper labeling and quantities on hand are accurate
Meet regularly with a schedule of key customer contacts to ensure needs are being met and products are available. This includes scanning, put away and spot buys of products.
Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
Follows designated route as defined by routing software application and tracking tools
Documents standard operating procedures at customer locations to provide direction to back-up resources to ensure continuity of service
Identifies continuous improvement opportunities in productivity, process improvement, and cycle time with all sales and services activities
Complies with the safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided.
- Helps generate new orders by engaging with customer to identify additional product needs (e.g., seeks and captures “spot buy” opportunities while on site, looks for additional opportunities to add items to program)
- Probes for customer needs during each site visit and provides leads to assigned Account Manager
- Reinforces with customers to the value of installing or using Grainger services or solutions to benefit their business
- Executes onsite service component of account strategy as defined by cross-functional local leadership (Supervisors, Account Manager, or District Sales Manager)
- Participates in implementation call reviews with Account Manager, District Sales Manager and Supervisor to assess viability of Inventory Solutions offerings at a customer site
- Works collaboratively with sales partners to expand Grainger services and offerings in assigned customer locations
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma and 1-3 years’ experience in selling or service (i.e. counter / telephone / warehouse) environment.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and dedication to customer service and sales growth.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers and cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong judgment, independent problem-solving skills, and understanding of Grainger’s Core Value Proposition.
- Handle various technical and operational issues
- Operate in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background checks and drug screening may be required (as warranted by Company or customer requirements in working on-site and/or operating equipment)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in province of residence.
- May be required to use a personal vehicle for transportation which meet’s Grainger’s standards
Other Work Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25 to 60 lbs. Will be required to lift, push or pull weights ranging from light to heavy on a regular basis.
- Works on-site at customers’ facilities. Personal protective equipment is often required.
- Comply and abide by all rules established for safety, security and inspection requirements at each customer location.
- Will use computers, scanners, and be in contact with Grainger parts & supplies products daily.
Grainger Canada strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all its team members. Grainger Canada is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.