Medical Office Assistant - Multidisciplinary Clinic
he Institute of Movement (in.MVMNT) is a state of the art, modern medical care and rehabilitation center. Our multidisciplinary team of industry leading health professionals work collectively to provide dynamic and integrated clinical care to enhance and optimize each patients’ functional health. We are committed and passionate about providing the most effective, modern and cutting edge treatment methods and rehabilitation facilities. We strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism, positivity, and customer service for each patient entering the clinic from the moment they walk in until the moment they leave. Our Administrative Department plays a vital role in ensuring smooth operation of the clinic, and creating a welcoming and positive atmosphere that solidifies a positive and empowering healing experience. If you are someone that is looking for an energetic, fun, fast-paced environment to work in, and are keen to be a part of an incredible team making a difference in peoples’ lives everyday…. Then you may be just who we are looking for to join our team!
We are seeking someone who is great with people (both in person and on the phone), motivated to learn, detail oriented, capable and intuitive with computers and software, and able to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times. The nature of this job requires a lot of unique and specific on the job training, however, applicants with a Medical Office Assistant certificate, experience with Google docs and/or microsoft office and ability to type 40 wpm would be considered a huge asset. If these attributes sound like you, we are excited to meet you and see if you are a good fit to our fast growing team. If you do not possess any or all of these skill sets yet, not to worry...for the right person, we are more than willing to help you further your education and development. To apply, please submit your application and include:
- Your Resume.
- A Cover Letter describing the assets and strength that make you a viable candidate for this position.
- Outline of your availability to start in a new position.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate from an accredited program in Canada (if applicable).
- Typing test results of 40 wpm on consecutive tests from an accredited program in Canada within the last 12 months (if applicable).
- A current valid BC Driver’s License. This position performs a variety of Medical Office Assistant and clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Administrative and reception duties - Checking in arrivals, registering new patients, answering phones, booking appointments, general correspondence, assisting patients with basic paperwork, record keeping and uploading confidential chart information, basic medical billing, data entry, basic transcription, filing request for records etc.
- Scheduling and correctly booking appointment types, durations and practitioners for patients (on the phone and in person).
- Ensuring all necessary online paperwork is delivered to patients and completed on time.
- Receiving and recording payments, issuing invoices and receipts and balancing revenue transactions and petty cash.
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene practice for all treatment rooms, common items/surfaces and communal areas.
- Clinical support - Escorting patients into treatment rooms, ensuring appropriate stocking of rehabilitative instruments and equipment, additional assistance for patients with disability (holding doors, escorting to mobility ramp).
- Supporting the smooth and safe flow of patient traffic through the clinic.
Hours of Business: OFFICE HOURS ARE APPROXIMATELY 8-8 MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY and 8- 5 FRIDAY.
This is a PART TIME OPPORTUNITY - Schedule can accommodate a WEEKLY COMMITMENT ranging from 9 - 26 hours/ week. (potential for growth toward a full time opportunity if desired in the future based on competency).
We are also offering a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY at this time.
We offer a unique compensation package that includes:
- A 4- Step Wage Progression System based on initial qualifications and experience (Range from $18 - $23).
- Willingness to support and fund the completion of the Medical Office Assistant Certificate during employment.
- Ongoing Continuing Education support to further growth and development within the company.
- Potential to be added to group benefits plan.
The Institute of Movement strives to create a vibrant, fun, positive and professional workplace that is a joy to come to. We are proud to make a difference in this community. Join our incredible team of amazing people…. Apply today!
**NOTE - The Institute of Movement has developed and maintained stringent safety procedures and policies in order to protect the health and wellness of all staff, practitioners and patients during the COVID- 19 pandemic. As a result all new and existing employees (and independent contractors) are required to be dually vaccinated as a condition of employment at this facility. Only dual vaccinated applicants will be considered for this position as it is expected that all private health clinics will be subject to the same PHO enforcement of mandatory vaccination that was implemented in all provincial health settings on October 26, 2021.
Qualification Requirements: Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 or higher.
- Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an Accredited Community College (if applicable) OR/ willingness to undergo the education to complete the Medical Office Assistant Program within one year of commencing employment.
- Two years of recent related experience in a healthcare setting, administrative setting, customer service or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License. Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced health care setting.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and professional communication in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Proficiency in computer word processing, typing and spreadsheet applications using both Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to learn specialized clinical information systems and billing and booking within.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and effectively utilize billing parameters and strategies for ICBC, WCB etc.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate all equipment related to performing the job.
- Physical ability to perform all duties of the position.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others and interacting with patients.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality of information at all times.
** ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**