Marketing and Events Manager
Department:Sales & Marketing
Position Type:Full-Time, Year Round
Start Date: October, 2021
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
Positions Supervised: Snow Reporting, Events Coordinator / Events Assistant, Assist with coordination of Content Team
This position works as an integral part of RED's Sales & Marketing Management team. Working alongside the Brand & Web Manager (BWM) and reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing (DSM), the Marketing & Events Manager position creates and leads all RED events, assists in organizing and coordinating media and other 3rd parties, leads in-resort communication, and is involved in a wide range of duties to assist in managing, executing, and reporting on the annual Sales and Marketing Plan.
This position is part of a larger Sales and Marketing team: The Director of Sales and Marketing, Brand & Web Manager, Event Coordinator, Social Media Marketing Coordinator, Event Assistant, and 2 Snow Reporters.
This full-time position is on-site, year-round, and is very much a ?boots on the ground? position for the Sales and Marketing Department while also acting as a liaison to Guest Services.
- Works with the Director of Sales and Marketing on annual Sales & Marketing Plan and Budget:
- Assist in development of annual Sales & Marketing Plan including objectives, strategy, initiatives, and tactics on a fiscal basis that is aligned with company long term objectives.
- Financial management of approved budget, tracks budget and expenses for the Sale and Marketing Department.
- Help manage, build out, and oversee the department's project management platform, Wrike, which is developed off the Sales and Marketing Plan.
Plan, Execute, and Manage annual Sales and Marketing Plan:
- Assist in management, organization, and execution of industry partnership deliverables
- Manage quotes, scheduling, and ordering of all print and radio buys
- Lead & manage onsite print collateral distribution
- Plan, coordinate, and arrange the resort-wide uniform buy
- Leading, hiring, training, and supervising the daily in-resort snow reporting team.
- Third party relations
- manage onsite visiting brands and visiting athletes.
- Organize Media FAM inquiries w/ DSM and coordinate hosting
- Manage online media requests, ie: access to Photo Bank, etc.
- Industry representation at tradeshows, industry conferences
- Assist in planning RED's email campaign calendar
- Manage the RED Resort Athlete program
- Manage the RED Donations program
- Assist in managing RED's social media channels outside of the winter season
- Proofread print and digital material
- Plan and schedule all RED Events as per S&M Plan
- Responsible for all event budgets from start to finish.
- Manage and lead all of the RED Winter Events
- Plan and execute Summer Resort wide events
- Create new events that reflect and align with the RED brand and long-term goals and strategy
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to the Events team (Events Coordinator, Events Assistant, Event Volunteers)
- Assist the GM & HR in executing Winter Staff Orientation
- Ensure events are delivered on time, within budget, and meet & exceed expectations.
- Internal Communications
- keep all departments informed of Resort wide happenings
- Communication on Staff Facebook Page (with Social Media Coordinator), and the Staff Newsletter (with the Brand & Web Manager)
- Staff Handbook edits and distribution and tracking of staff submissions
- Annual performance measurements and reporting of all events covering but not limited to: social media insights, budgeting breakdown, revenue, web analytics
- Annual partnership reports with a strong focus on EOY results, data, and content and event activation recaps/summaries
Department Management & Administration:
- Direction & Supervision of Events Coordinator and Snow Reporters
- Assist DSM with organization/coordination of resort contract photographer and videographer
- Budget Management
- Min 3 years' experience in the events world backed with examples & data-driven results
- Min 3 years' experience in a professional Marketing background
- Experience leading & managing staff and/or vendors
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience within the ski industry
- Demonstrated ability to work with many different departments and outside parties in creating comprehensive and cohesive event experiences
- Excellent communication, partnership, and collaboration skills
- Strong time management, organizational and multitasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop up
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
- Experience working in project management systems, preferably Wrike
- Working understanding of web analytics
- Competitive Salary with extended health and benefits package available
- Annual RED Mountain Family Season Pass
- staff pass perks
- Annual 3 weeks paid vacation time
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Erik Kerr, Director of Sales and Marketing
Email via Isarta.
Closing date: Open until filled.