Manager, IS PMO
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
You're a project management wizard, and years of experience sharpened your skills in delivering complex projects. Your strategic thinking skills and tactful instincts not only keep your teams organized for ongoing projects, but enable you to continuously improve processes that achieve the best results. We need someone with your expertise as our Manager of Information Systems (IS), Project Management Office (PMO).
In this role, you'll be responsible for implementing strategic direction in the PMO, uncovering continuous improvement opportunities, guiding process best practices, collaborating with other department leads, and spearheading successful project delivery.
You freely share the knowledge you've gained over the years in your collaborative approach to leadership, engaging your peers and partners to include diverse perspectives when innovating on existing practices. This approach allows you to excel as a trusted advisor because of the strong working relationships you foster and value.
We're committed to building a greener future with our 30BY30 promise to reduce our customer's emissions by 30 per cent by the year 2030. We need collaborators, innovators and leaders like yourself to help us achieve our goal, and join us in rethinking our energy future.
In year 1, you will:
- Evaluate and define strategies and processes that advance the PMO to support project delivery and execution.
- Oversee the execution of projects providing visibility and escalation as needed for successful project delivery, working with stakeholders to ensure accountability.
- Demonstrate leadership and foster a project management-oriented culture and mindset.
In year 2, you will:
- Implement best practices for project management and governance for IS projects per your defined strategy.
- Establish strong relationships across the organization with IS leadership, delivery managers and business partners.
- Allocate IS PMO resources to provide more support to projects and team.
What it takes:
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Business Administration or Information Systems from a recognized program, plus eight to twelve years of directly related experience in all project management phases or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Project Management Professional certification and/or experience with one or more project management methodologies, such as Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK), PRINCE2 and Agile, are preferred.
- Exceptional collaboration skills to be an open, engaging leader and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build solid working relationships and acts as a trusted advisor.
- High-level strategic and tactical thinking for delivering on complex projects and developing effective processes.
To view the full description, click here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.