Late French Immersion (LFI), Social Studies, and French Teacher - SD20
School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) - Teaching Vacancy
Competition # 23-T-01
Stanley Humphries Secondary School
0.857 FTE Late French Immersion (LFI), Social Studies, and French Teacher
(2 x LFI, 1 x LFI Socials 10, 1 x LFI Socials 11, 2 x French 8, 1 x Prep)
Temporary: January 23, 2023 – June 30, 2023
- BC Certification
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree with a major in French or teaching specialization in French Immersion preferred
- Fluently bilingual. Demonstrated fluency in both English and French in both the receptive and expressive modes, oral and written
- Willingness to be demonstrably supportive of immersion education
- Demonstrated knowledge of second language methodology
- Demonstrated current knowledge of the renewed curriculum for French and Social Studies including the learning outcomes and appropriate resources
- Previous successful experience teaching French Immersion French, and Social Studies at the secondary level is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of instructional and assessment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and classroom management skills
Note: Candidates may be asked to complete an oral or written French language screening to determine levels of language proficiency.
For further information, please contact Mr. Ian Cooper, Principal, at (250) 365-7735.
Applications should be sent to Mrs. Marcy VanKoughnett, Assistant Superintendent – Human Resources, School District No. 20 (Kootenay-Columbia) by 12:00 (Noon),Friday, January 13, 2023.
Please note we only accept online applications. Please apply online through www.makeafuture.ca
Applicants agree to confidential reference checks, including all previous employers.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
cc: http://www.makeafuture.ca, www.sd20.bc.ca, KCTU, Schools
Related programs and certificates
These programs and certificates may be relevant for you. Contact us to learn more!View all