Journeyperson Welder, Temporary
Trail Operations is an integrated lead-zinc smelting and refining complex located in Southeastern BC. Trail Operations has over 26 different operating plants and processes concentrates and other materials from around the world to produce more than 290,000 TPY of refined zinc and 70,000 TPY of refined lead.
Please note this role does require the successful candidate to live within 100KM of Trail, British Columbia. Relocation assistance will not be provided and there is no camp or company housing.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Set up and operate heavy-metal working machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and drill presses to cut, shape and form metal into parts or sections
- Fit and weld metal parts or sections together to fabricate heavy-metal industrial components
- Repair and perform maintenance work on heavy-metal industrial components
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Interprovincial Red Seal Welder Certification (please upload copy of certification with your application)
- Minimum B Level Welding Ticket; preference may be given to those with current A Level Welding Tickets.
- Current endorsements for Pressure Welding Procedures (PWP) 7 and 10.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED Certificate (please submit a copy of certificate to application)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems would be a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Will be required to participate in an assessment process designed to measure fitness, aptitudes and personal attributes
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources