Journeyperson Millwright, Temporary
Trail Operations is an integrated lead-zinc smelting and refining complex located in Southeastern BC. Trail Operations has over 26 different operating plants and processes concentrates and other materials from around the world to produce more than 290,000 TPY of refined zinc and 70,000 TPY of refined lead.
Please note this role does require the successful candidate to live within 100KM of Trail, British Columbia. Relocation assistance will not be provided and there is no camp or company housing.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, maintain, and repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment in a shift environment
- Good understanding around preventative maintenance and willing to work independently or in small teams
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Journeyperson Millwright ticket
- Candidates with significant pre-existing apprentice qualifications may be considered
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to work shift work
- Will be required to participate in an assessment process designed to measure fitness, aptitudes and personal attributes
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources