IWL Administration Assistant
Reporting to the Inspiring Wellness and Learning Coordinator and the Executive Director of the Skills Centre, this position is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Teck Metals Ltd. Inspiring Wellness and Learning program. This three day a week position is located at the Skills Centre with regular access to the Teck Metals, Trail Operations work site.
• In conjunction with the IWL Coordinator, prepare three IWL Course and Event Calendars per year, including scheduling of classes, booking facilities, preparation of copy, marketing and purchase of required supplies.
• Assist the IWL Coordinator to recruit, supervise and evaluate instructors, including negotiation of course costs and instructor fees.
• Liaise with staff of Selkirk College, School District, Parks and Recreation and private contractors related to student enrolment, class and facility scheduling, and financial tracking.
• Manage class registrations, taking payments and cancelling or rescheduling courses as needed.
• Regularly communicate with employees, eliciting ideas to maintain an employee-driven program.
• Track and maintain budget sheets for program and discretionary costs.
• Proof read and edit all materials for distribution.
• Assist the IWL Coordinator with the management of special events, including logistics, marketing, registration and attendance tracking.
• With the guidance and direction of the IWL Coordinator, collect and maintain data related to assess the effectiveness and impact of the program.
• Present IWL information at new employee inductions, as required.
• Provide administrative support meetings and planning sessions of the IWL Committee.
Core Competencies include: Communication, adaptability, decision making, interpersonal skills, problem solving. Candidates must be able to work successfully within a team environment, be results-oriented and able to pay attention to the details especially in managing budgets. All potential candidates must be fully vaccinated
Closing date for applications: Friday February 18th, 4.30pm.