Insurance Branch Manager
oin a team that values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself and for Kootenay Insurance Services Ltd (KIS). We offer the stability and resources of a leading, locally-based organization, an employee focused culture that values your individual contribution and encourages work/life balance, plus a commitment to serving and helping our community.
Manages the day to day operation of the insurance branch to ensure the delivery of quality insurance services to customers in the community. Leads, directs and supervises a team of licensed insurance representatives, brokers and/or specialists to ensure the effective utilization of human resources and to promote motivation and professionalism within the team. Capitalizes on opportunities to increase market penetration in the local area and contributes to the company’s overall marketing plan and growth objectives through local advertising and awareness campaigns.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of skills, ability, education, experience, and motivation:
· Level 3 General Insurance License
· Minimum 10 years experience in an insurance environment, and 1 year in a leadership position OR
· A 2 year diploma in Business Administration plus 5 years experience in an insurance environment and 1 year in a leadership position
· Ability to communicate well in a sales and service environment, both verbally and in writing, and to provide service oriented solutions to clients
· Ability to organize work to meet deadlines within an environment of constantly changing priorities
· Competitive wage, pension and benefit package
Kootenay Insurance Services Ltd. Is owned in equal partnership by East Kootenay Community, Kootenay Savings, Summerland District and Nelson & District Credit Unions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Bonus pay Benefits:
Company pension Dental care Employee assistance program Extended health care Paid time off Vision care Wellness program Schedule:
Monday to Friday Licence/Certification:
Level 3 Insurance License (preferred)