Human Service Worker
Interior HomeCare Solutions has been providing nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes for over 25 years.
As a residence worker with Interior HomeCare services, you will play a vital role in caring for at-risk children and youth, and adults with developmental disabilities in a live-in residential home setting. Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care up to and including personal care to persons with developmental disabilities, managing the household, and implementing the care plan with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the person you will be caring for. You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate activities and visits for the individual, regularly write reports and submit documentation on the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through behavioural needs and challenges.
· Medical, dental and extended benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
· Competitive wages
· Regular training in special needs, trauma, non-violent crisis intervention
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Providing nurturing, compassionate care
· Knowledge of developmental disabilities, Autism, is beneficial
· Knowledge of alternate communication method is beneficial
· Knowledge of developmental trauma, mental health, addictions, and behavioural challenges is beneficial
· Time management skills to prioritize and organize the day.
· Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
· Skills to mentor and assist team members.
· Skills to manage resources such as supplies.
· Able to multi-task
· Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
· Physical and mental ability to carry out duties.
· Minimum of a 1-year certification in Human Service Worker, Community and Care Worker, Child & Youth Care, addictions and community worker, diploma in Residential Care Aide fields, and 6 months experience, or an equivalent of relevant education and experience.
· Criminal Record Check
· HUB Check (if working with children)
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Food Safe
· Proof of Vaccination Status
· Resume with 3 references including a former employer
· Class 5 clean drivers abstract
· Vehicle insurance must include business use rate class
Community Service Worker, Residence Support Worker
Questions about the position before you apply? Call the Interior HomeCare Solutions Head Office at 250-542-9717 to speak with a manager.
We want to thank all candidates for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: From $23.25 per hour
Dental care Employee assistance program Extended health care Vision care Schedule:
12 hour shift Holidays Monday to Friday Weekend availability Ability to commute/relocate:
Trail, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred) Experience:
Social Service Work: 1 year (preferred) Youth Complex Behavior: 1 year (preferred) Licence/Certification:
Human Service Field Education (preferred) Driver’s License (preferred) Business Use Rate Class Vehicle Insurance (preferred) First Aid Certification (preferred) CPI Training (preferred) Proof of Vaccination (preferred) Work remotely: