Human Resources Manager
The Josie Hotel is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team!
The Josie Hotel, Autograph Collection
Experience the true soul exhilaration of living for today at The Josie, Autograph Collection. Proudly named Canada’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel (2019, 2020, 2021). The Josie welcomes you with mountains of amenities like outdoor cedar saunas, ski valet, modern fitness facility, indoor and outdoor event space, vibrant restaurant offering indoor and outdoor dining, and a boutique slopeside spa. The modern, architecturally unique 106-room hotel boasts true ski-in, ski-out access at the base of RED Mountain Resort in Rossland, British Columbia. Offering stylishly appointed guestrooms, studio suites, and one-bedroom suites, The Josie is the premier choice for families, powder chasers, and group getaways seeking exceptional service combined with boutique charm.
MUST BE LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN CANADA!
The Human Resources Manager is the gatekeeper, motivator, subject matter expert, coach and counsellor on all matters related to employee experience and engagement. As a member of the Executive Committee, you will strategize, collaborate, and execute HR initiatives for the hotel that will drive overall guest experience (both internal and external experience). Working closely with the General Manager and Director of Finance, you will oversee the onboarding of new associates into the payroll system, as well of overseeing benefits, recruitment, and work through the changing culture of the workforce.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Ensure job descriptions and postings are up to date and accurate.
· When positions become vacant work with department managers to understand the candidate profile or need to fill (look for opportunities to evaluate organizational effectiveness)
· Work collaboratively with department leaders to ensure positions are filled in a timely manner with the right people at the right time (whilst adhering to all legally required provincial and federal legislation)
· Ensure recruitment practices and inclusive and embrace diversity.
· Seek out opportunities to develop internal team members.
· Provide coaching and support to department leaders in managing performance for results leading up to and including (Performance Improvement Plans)
· re-birth annual employee evaluations are monitored and tracked.
· Ensure that onboarding is completed within the first 14 – 30 days of new hire’s start date.
· Ensure all new team members complete the required VENZA training.
· Regularly update hotel policies and ensure that they are communicated out to all Associates with proper accountability.
Rewards and Recognition:
· Continue to drive Associate engagement through formal and informal recognition events
· Utilize and encourage spontaneous cross-departmental recognition that is unplanned but deserving.
· Set the example for high performance and exemplary teamwork.
· Create initiatives to encourage departmental recognition.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Monitor turnover and review exit interviews to understand why people leave and stay.
· Gauge property’s compensation with respect to the market
· Ensure Associates are aware of their eligibility for benefits and receive information about the benefit program.
· Source out new options for wellness programs and/or benefits as appropriate for the market
· Ensure all Associates’ information in Payworks is correct and up to date (upon start date) and includes accurate emergency contact information.
· Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure bi-weekly payroll is completed in a timely manner, ROE is processed correctly and T4’s distributed on time.
Training and Development:
Marriott Training and Experience Preferred (online DLZ training & Oversight)
· Conducts on-boarding and 1st Day Orientation as Associate’s first day of employment
· Ensures all Associates complete all Marriott required training within 90 days of start date and within 30 days of annual recertification (VENZA training)
· Facilitates skills training and development as needed for various departments.
· Provides new hires with departmental training material and schedule upon start date.
· Offers customer service training for front of house Associates.
Performs Other Duties as Required
Champion of the WorksafeBC health and safety committee
· Completes employment letters.
· Completes reference checks and background checks.
· Organizes staff events and teambuilding sessions.
· Completes assigned projects as delegated by the General Manager.
· Provides support and ongoing coaching to Associates in a discreet and confidential manner.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 2 years’ experience in a senior human role (advisor or manager)
· 2 – 5 years’ experience progressive human resources experience within a hotel environment (full-service hotel) preferably a Marriott Hotel or comparable
· 3 years’ recruitment experience within the hotel/hospitality industry
· CPHR designation an asset
· Diploma or Degree in Human Resources
· High attention to detail
· Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
· Active and empathetic listener
· Proficient in MS Office
· Experience in a hotel environment an asset
Individual must be able to work independently and committed to working with others (Director of Finance). Approachable and promotes a sense of openness, trustworthiness, and transparency. Able to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Not afraid to jump in and help out in the hotel wherever needed and promotes the values of the Josie, Marriott and Noble House Hotels & Resorts.
Looking for the lifestyle of living in a resort, community environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Bonus pay Benefits:
Dental care Disability insurance Discounted or free food Extended health care Flexible schedule Flextime On-site parking RRSP match Vision care Wellness program Schedule:
Holidays Monday to Friday On call Weekend availability Ability to commute/relocate:
Rossland, BC V0G1Y0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required) Application question(s):
Are you legally able to work in Canada? Experience:
progressive human resources: 2 years (required) Hotel experience: 1 year (required) Language:
English (required) Licence/Certification:
Professional In Human Resources (preferred)