GIS Analyst / Technician
HARTerra Spatial Solutions Ltd. is seeking a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Analyst / Technician to be part of our team in the West Kootenay region of BC. We are looking for a technically solid, self-motivated individual who is happy to take on new challenges to help grow our company and better serve our clients. HARTerra offers competitive wages, benefits, a flexible work environment, and we are a dog friendly office.
We are looking for the following skills, abilities, and experience:
· Strong knowledge and proven ability to work with esri tools including: ArcGIS Desktop-ArcMap, ArcGIS Professional, ArcCatalog and ArcScene. ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, Portal and ArcGIS online.
· Knowledge of other commercial and open source geospatial technologies and systems.
· Ability to work independently while collaborating to deliver projects.
· Comfortable with presenting to groups.
· GIS data maintenance and update process and procedures.
· Experience with data migration, quality control and spatial data management.
· GIS development experience with Python, specifically arcpy and ArcGIS API for Python.
· Enterprise SQL database experience with MS SQL Server or Oracle.
· Esri Enterprise Geodatabase experience with schema design and change management including versioning workflows.
· Experience in GIS processes and data related to infrastructure and local government.
· ArcFM experience would be an asset.
· Training experience would be an asset.
· Electrical knowledge would be an asset.
· Experience with Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) or esri Data Interoperability extension, is desirable.
· Experience with version management using git or other version control systems, is desirable.
HARTerra Spatial Solutions Ltd. is based out of Castlegar, BC. We work with clients, providing GIS services for utilities, local government, the resource sector, and related industries. If you are a GIS tech nerd and are looking for new opportunities, we want to talk to you.
Located between Nelson and Trail at the confluence of the Kootenay and Columbia rivers, Castlegar is 25 minutes to Trail and 35 minutes to Nelson with public transit joining all three communities. No need to book extra days off to travel for your annual ski trip – Whitewater and Red Mountain resorts are both within an hour’s drive. Camping, cross-country skiing, golfing, mountain biking and fishing opportunities are locally abundant and minutes away.
Interested in applying? Submit a resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2021. We thank everyone for reaching out to us, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow-up.