Facility Engagement Director
The Kootenay Boundary Physicians Association (KBPA, www.kbpa.ca) is the Medical Staff Association for approximately 100 Specialty and Family Practice physicians of the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH). The KBPA receives funding from the Doctors of BC, Facility Engagement Initiative (FE) (www.facilityengagement.ca)
Trail is the home to Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH), a 75-bed, full service regional facility, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital serving 80,000 people in the Kootenay Boundary region; Trail, Rossland, Castlegar, Fruitvale, Montrose, Warfield, Rossland, Nelson, Grand Forks, New Denver, and Nakusp. KBRH also serves as the regional hospital for the Kootenay Boundary, which encompasses Creston and Nelson to the east, Kaslo and Nakusp to the north, and Grand Forks and Rock Creek to the west.
For Administrators and their families in the region, every outdoor recreation activity is just minutes from your door. Those epic powder days at RED Mountain Resort are just another fun Saturday for your family. Mountain bike over 200 km of single track or take a scenic hike along the bluffs. Join the ball team or the swim club. Cheer your kids at the track meet, at the loppet, at the freestyle comp. Fly-fishing or golf? Skate-skiing or classic? Mountain biking or road? That part is up to you.
Come and enjoy an amazing outdoor lifestyle, in a great community, with fantastic colleagues.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
● Lead and develop a small team of Project Coordinators and administrative staff, including hiring and managing short term contract staff on an as needed basis.
● Lead and develop operational plans to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
● Provide oversight of Association’s staff for projects/initiatives, analyses of data, budgets, research, and advising on complex issues;
● Ongoing acquisition of information through formal and informal channels to provide strategic insight and direction to the organization based on the needs of the membership. Examples include
o Health sector meetings and workshops
o Relationship building with physicians and other stakeholders o Relationships with sister organizations
● Collaborate with other local healthcare organizations to strategically address regional challenges
● Coordinates and/ or attends meetings of the Association (Board, FE Working Group), meetings between the Association (or representatives of the Association) and the Health Authority Representatives, and Medical Staff events.
This is a one-year contract position with a need for some flexibility as demands of the role will fluctuate from week to week and over time. This contract work is based in Trail, BC at KBRH and is estimated at 10-15 hours per week.
Contract Rate will be commensurate with qualifications & experience.
Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted. The KBPA would like to thank everyone in advance for their interest and application.
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV / Resume by 11:59 pm NOVEMBER 23, 2022 to KBPA@facilityengagement.ca.