EMPLOYED STUDENT NURSE
Who are we looking for?
Interested in an Employed Student Nurse experience with an Interior Health in the Kootenay Boundary (KB)? Apply here!
Interior Health supports Bachelor of Science in Nursing Students (register nurses/registered psychiatric nurses) with an employment opportunity within its Employed Student Nurse (ESN) Program.
What will you work on?
The ESN Program provides nursing students with a unique placement that fosters professional development and the consolidation of skills and abilities. It is designed to employ nursing students who have successfully completed their third-year in a recognized nursing education program.
ESN Positions are available in various health sectors (Acute, Long-term Care, Rural, etc.) across Interior Health. ESNs provide direct nursing care in accordance to Interior Health's policies and procedures, and BCCNM ESN/ESPN Practice Standard requirements.
To apply for an ESN position please ensure you have completed the following:
- Download and complete the Employed Student Nurse Prescreen Form
- Create a profile or login to your profile at jobs.interiorhealth.ca
- Upload your cover letter, resume, CPR certificate and ESN Pre-Screen to your profile
- Submit with your online application.
**If you experience any issues with the online fillable form - please print, complete and scan a PDF into the application.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Successful completion of year 3 of a BScN program or 18 months of a RPN program, or equivalent (and continued enrollment in a BCCNM recognized nursing education program).
• Current Employed Student Registrant status (i.e. ESN or ESPN) with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• CPR Competencies (e.g. CPR certificate/experience).
*Equivalency to be determined with nursing education program in which student is registered. Psychiatric nursing students are encouraged to apply.