Electrical Technologist -Intermediate or Senior
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people.
Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives.
Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
We have an opening for an Intermediate or Senior Electrical Technologist in our Kelowna office. Preference is for candidates who are located in (or willing to re-locate to) Kelowna BC, but this role is open to candidates who can work remotely from BC.
• Design, specification and drafting of:
o Underground and overhead medium voltage electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV)
o Medium voltage equipment such as transformers, switches, circuit breakers and other devices
o Industrial Low voltage designs such as service conductors, control panels etc.
• Overhead pole line modeling using PLS CADD software suite
• Experience with distribution design tools such as AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, CYME, CYMCAP and MS Office
• Electrical studies such as load flow, voltage drop, fault studies and arc-flash in medium and low voltage distribution systems using CYME.
• Writing of equipment specifications and tendering
• Delivery of project execution and accountable to department manager
• Grow and manage client relationships through relationships with alliance clients.
• Ensure adherence to schedule in collaboration with the project team
• Off-site meetings and site checks to support project milestones and timelines
• Project estimating and material take-offs
• Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, utilities & various project stakeholders
• Other duties as required
Candidates will only be considered if they possess:
• Electrical Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution
• Eligibility or registration with Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
• A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the electric utility or consulting engineering environment, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects.
• Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
• Strong knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to autonomously manage workload to control multiple tasks with a very high degree of accuracy, while meeting project deadlines
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner.
• Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and drive for improvement.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com
Please Note, you must be legally able to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.