Delivery Driver / Service Technician
Please apply at: https://bit.ly/3jeE72z
Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now, we are adding a Delivery Driver / Service Technician to our team in Victoria. We need a strong communicator and an active team player who shares our passion for enriching the lives of the clients we work with. We need a self-directed learner who is results-oriented and driven to complete their deliverables promptly; someone who is genuinely curious about our industry and willing to put in the time and research to learn more.
Who you are
Whether you have worked in the rehabilitation and mobility space in the past or you are looking to rapidly move into a new career, this is an opportunity for someone who doesn’t like to be constantly stuck behind a desk. You are a process driven individual, who will be responsible for operating a vehicle while transporting medical equipment as well as completing other duties as assigned. Our clients put their trust in Motion to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and functioning properly. Our service technicians serve our clients by providing on-site and in-home repair and set-up for mobility devices, including walkers, scooters, wheelchairs, and stair lifts.
What’s in it for you?
This is your opportunity to join a growing organization where you can find out the type of work you enjoy doing and gain expertise in these areas. We want to help you build your career; we will give you the tools and resources to get the most out of your time at Motion. You will work in an attractive and well-outfitted facility and out and about in the community with committed and collaborative team members dedicated to providing our clients the best customer service experience.
What you will do:
- Actively Support the Team. You will assist your team whenever needed. Whether that means interacting with a customer or helping other team members, you are ready, willing and able to move quickly into the next task that needs your attention.
- Diagnose and repair. You will deliver, install and/or repair mobility equipment across Victoria and the surrounding area. This may include but is not limited to:
- Assessing and troubleshooting issues clients may be having with their device
- Repairing manual and power mobility devices in clients’ homes, at care facilities, and/or in-store
- Repairing electrical systems within the mobility device
- Program and set-up basic power and mobility equipment
- Install and repair accessibility products and solutions in clients’ homes. Examples include: home safety products, lifting devices and/or stairlifts.
- Deliver an exceptional Motion customer service experience. Our service technicians and delivery drivers are the face of our company, delivering outstanding experiences every day. Through honest, empathic, respectful, and friendly interactions with our clients you will build trusting relationships. You will ensure that their needs are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible for everyone.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will spend your days travelling to different sites, partner facilities, and clients’ homes within the region.
What you bring:
Team player approach.
You follow the expression, “there is no ‘I’ in team.” You know the importance of coming together for a single goal, to work cohesively and back up your teammates. You bring strong values of respect, responsiveness and an outstanding work ethic with you. You are driven to accomplish your deliverables, never wanting to let your team down.
Education and Experience.
You have a high school diploma and, ideally, have previous experience working as a mechanic, appliance repairs, or other technical repairs. You have the ability to make minor adjustments to wheelchairs and can assemble and disassemble equipment with ease. You can work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You have an aptitude for physical, mechanical work. You can work on your own with little supervision.
You can clearly and concisely communicate in person, over the phone or on paper. You are empathetic and can provide outstanding customer service to any clients, visitors or vendors.. .
Additional Must Have Requirements
You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds in order to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable. You also have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and have a flexible work schedule for the occasional weekend and after hours work.
- Company vehicle
- Company cell phone
- Tools and comprehensive training provided
- A fun and engaging work environment
- Opportunities for career growth or lateral moves within the company
- A great benefits package and RRSP options after 3 months
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
Salary TBD, competitive