Delivery and Yard Worker- Home Hardware
We are looking to add an outgoing and responsible candidate for our growing yard and warehouse team, and to help build our locally owned and operated business.
The right candidate would be a hard working individual who is physically fit, enjoys teamwork, provides excellent customer service, and willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base. A yard/delivery person(s) is responsible for maintaining the Lumber yard as well as load and unload building materials.
On the job training is available for the right candidate.
Job duties would include but are not limited to:
- Keeping the yard clean and the inventory neat and orderly.
- Greet and serve yard customers
- Be familiar with the locations(s) of all inventory and equipment.
- Assist customers in handling large or heavy items.
- Take all necessary safety precautions when handling freight, tools, and equipment.
- Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Receive incoming merchandise.
- Operating freight handling equipment.
- Maintenance and operation of company vehicles.
- Report any shortages, damaged goods, and backorders to your supervisor.
We provide a great competitive compensation package including, benefits, profit sharing, wellness spending account, staff discount, training and loads of opportunity to advance.
*All Applicants must be local or able to commute to location.
*Home Hardware Stores Limited is pleased to be recognized on the Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Dental care Extended health care Flexible schedule Life insurance Profit sharing Store discount Vision care Wellness program
8 hour shift Monday to Friday Weekend availability
Customer service: 1 year (preferred) Material handling: 1 year (preferred) License/Certification:
Driving License (required)