Clerk, Projects, Temporary (6-12 months)
Reporting to the Superintendent, Project Execution, the Clerk, Projects (temporary, 6-12 months), provides administrative support to the Projects and Engineering Groups, as well as various on and off site personnel involved in Contract Management.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Administer and manage the JD Edwards electronic tracking sheet and contract management systems; assist in development and act as the main point of contact for contractor personnel and Teck Project Coordinators; prepare training documentation, reference manuals, provide training and manage internal and external access
- Ensure union contractor notifications are complete, accurate and in compliance with the Collective Agreements. Compile documentation and assist addressing concerns from monthly reviews
- Complete month end reporting tasks; prepare and validate area reports, schedule and meet with Operating Managers to review capital and non-routine project actuals and spend forecast. Maintain project forecasting information within Project Portfolio Manager
- Maintain the contents of the Projects and Engineering, Contract Management, Stage Gating and Contractors Hub SharePoint sites
- Clerical support of various contract management related activities
- Prepare and distribute weekly key performance indicator and monthly contractor safety reports and statistics for management use
- Utilize JD Edwards to enter finance and maintenance work orders, purchase orders and view work order cost details
- Maintain the controlled documents relating to the Projects and Engineering group
- Perform various clerical functions, such as scheduling of meetings with internal and external personnel, mail distribution, filing documents, timekeeping duties, vehicle maintenance and scheduling and ordering supplies
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to adapt to ever changing work demands and fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in JD Edwards, Project Portfolio Manager, SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook is required
- Completion of SharePoint certified training or equivalent experience is an asset
- Experience with contract management is an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.