Class 1 Truck Driver: Highway Log Transfers
We are looking for a Class 1 Truck Driver to join the Sutco Transportation team in Castlegar, BC. This position will be focused on Highway Log Transfers, but additional work to maximize earnings will be required with Sutco’s Lowbed, Residuals (wood chips) and Flat Deck divisions. Drivers should be experienced in one or more of those applications and willing to be trained in all of them.
As a Sutherland Group company, Sutco Transportation values more than simply providing industry-renowned services to our clients. We put the happiness, success, and growth of our team members and community first. Join us in our commitment to elevate and innovate in the transportation industry.
- Hourly wage from $30-41 based on availability of work between Logging, Lowbed, Residual and Flat Deck divisions.
- Reliable year-round work
- 24-hour dispatch team
- Overtime pay after 60 hours
- Weekend work when available
- Paid chain-up and wait time
- 4% vacation pay
- Direct deposit pay, twice monthly
- Paid training, state-of-the-art equipment and ISAAC E-logs
- Consistent, steady work in a professional and respectful environment. As a member of the Sutherland Group, we are proud to be able to serve not only our loyal clients, but our partner companies as well, guaranteeing work for our industry-leading teams.
SUTHERLAND GROUP BENEFITS
Sutco Transportation is a proud member of the Sutherland Group of Companies. It is our great pleasure to extend the following benefits to all Sutherland Group team members:
- Pension Program with Sutherland Group matching contributions up to 100%, starting at 3%, increasing in graduated increments and topping out at 5% after 8 years.
- Extended health benefits program through a cost shared benefits plan
- Confidential Employee Family Assistance Program
- Health & Safety Policy & Programs
- Banking services partnership with BMO – exclusive product offerings for our employees and their family members, when certain employment conditions are met.
- Operate various truck & trailer combinations to deliver freight, including but not limited to lumber, logs, wood fibre residuals etc, to destinations in Canada and the United States.
- Drive in challenging road environments such as mountain terrain and forestry roads.
- Conduct pre and post and trip inspections on equipment operated, ensuring safety, road worthiness and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure safe transportation of freight by securing goods while loading and unloading.
- Complete all electronic records regarding working hours, vehicle status and maintenance records using the industry’s best fleet management system, ISAAC.
- Chain-up vehicle based on road conditions.
- Remain compliant with Federal Hours of Service regulations
- Remote and overnight runs may be required on occasion.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
As a member of the Sutco Transportation team, we expect you bring the following to the table:
- Class 1 Driver’s Licence
- Minimum of 3 years of mountain trucking experience
- Logging, Lowbedding and/or Super B experience required
- Experience with load securement
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Acceptable driver’s abstract, based on Sutco’s abstract review policy
- Must be able to enter the US for work purposes
JOIN THE TEAM
If you think there’s a fit, we look forward to meeting you and thank you in advance for your application.
Visit our website to learn more about The Sutherland Group
Sutco Transportation specializes in residual, flat deck, van freight, logging and heavy haul transportation and logistics services. We are dedicated to providing an industry-leading level of professionalism aimed at meeting the satisfaction, safety and success of our business partners and team members.
Recognized as a Top Fleet Employer, Top Fleet of Distinction and Premium Carrier, Sutco is a leader in safety, innovation and sustainability.
A SUTHERLAND GROUP COMPANY
The Sutherland Group of Companies is a specialized integrated network of heavy industry experts, with an offering that extends from equipment and logistics through to people and safety, in service of high-performing customers in the civil, forestry, transportation, and marine industries in search of complex supply chain solutions.
For nearly 30 years, we have worked to position The Sutherland Group as a heavy industry leader, not only with our partners, but from within. We are proud to prioritize the success of our team members by offering a diversified workplace, competitive compensation plans, benefits, training, and ongoing growth opportunities.