Class 1 Transfer Driver
Are you a Class 1 Driver who enjoys working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you!
Responsibilities & Qualifications: Class 1 Transfer Driver:
Location: Castlegar, BC (Castlegar to Princeton runs) Shift 3x12, Wed-Fri, Nights, start approx 5 pm
Class 1 Position Highlights:
Competitive pay rate
- Pay for performance incentive program after 3 months
- FULL flex benefits program and company matching RRSP
- Family culture and advancement opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
Valid Class 1 driver’s license and a clean driver's abstract
Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
Professional demeanor under stressful situations
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- The Transfer Driver will be responsible for the delivery of trailers over established routes
- Operate and drive tractor trailers to transport goods and materials over highway, urban, short inter-urban and rural routes
- Conduct routine truck inspections to ensure safety requirements are met by performing pre/post trip inspections
- Ensure loaded trailer is delivered on time from the Warehouse to remote locations.
- Maintain records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets, truck information and customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Provide exceptional service to customers and build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Should be self-motivated, punctual, energetic and be able to work with a diverse customer group
- Able to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that's fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next step will be contacted. Our Commitment:
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!