Casual, PT & FT LPNs
Axis Family Resources Ltd. is recruiting a Full-time LPN for our Withdrawal Management Program located in British Columbia’s Kootenay region. Reporting to the RN Manager, this role is best suited for empathetic individuals with an interest in a harm reduction approach and an eagerness for working with individuals who are experiencing substance use disorder and or mental health concerns.
Nestled between two world-class ski resorts in the scenic Selkirk Mountains, Castlegar is an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. The confluence of the Kootenay and Columbia rivers and an incomparable trail system unite the region providing limitless opportunities for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking, and mountain biking. Castlegar is the central hub to explore all that the Kootenays have to offer.
Catering to marginalized members of the population suffering from substance use disorders, our Withdrawal Management Program provide a holistic person-centered approach to the opiate OD epidemic. Our eight-bed facility employs a dynamic and multidisciplinary team who work to together provide the warm, nurturing, and non-judgmental environment essential to a healthy recovery.
This position also qualifies for the British Columbia student loan forgiveness program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Upholds Axis Family Resources’ agency values
· Assesses clients’ physical and psychological status during intoxication, withdrawal and stabilization
· Demonstrated ability to be solution-focused and approach problems with flexibility and creativity
· Performs client admission and discharge duties
· Administers medication, preparing meals, housekeeping tasks, assisting clients to maintain personal hygiene in accordance with established policy and any other job-related duties
· Monitors client interaction and behaviour and provides crisis intervention such as first response to suicide threats, heart attack, overdose and medical emergencies, managing the situation as required
· Facilitates group and/or individual discussions by providing supportive counselling and education in areas such as guiding clients through relaxation techniques, behaviour management and providing nutritional information
· Identify social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Graduation from an approved Practical Nursing Program
· Current registration with the BCCNP
· Approved criminal record check
· Writing, data collection, and facilitation skills are required
· Safe driving record, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
· Pre-employment drug testing is required
We offer our employees the following:
Competitive wages Paid vacation Municipal Pension Plan for full-time employees Extended health benefits for full or part-time employees Unionized workforce (CSWU membership required) Ongoing career opportunities Throughout North and Interior BC On-the-job mentoring and training-CPI, First Aid, computer skills, etc. Employee referral incentive About Axis Family Resources:
Axis Family Resources Ltd. is a leading British Columbia-based social services organization operating in fourteen communities throughout the province. Founded in 1992, and accredited by CARF since 2003, Axis has experienced steady annual growth and currently employs over 500 staff throughout the Northern, Interior, Okanagan, and Kootenay regions of BC. We encourage promotion from within and invest in our people through ongoing training and career development.
· This position requires the ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing multiple concurrent tasks
· Moderate coordination and dexterity required to use non-violent crises intervention to manage aggressive behavior
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $28.70 per hour
Just posted report job