The City of Trail is seeking a people oriented, team player to fill a casual Cashier/Receptionist position at the Trail Aquatic and Leisure Centre. This position is scheduled for a minimum of one shift per week and fills in for other shifts as required. Shifts can occur on weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Providing front end customer service in the way of information, program registration, and sales of aquatic recreation services to the general public. Receiving cash and cheque remittances for program fees, making change, issuing tickets, receipts and preparing daily cash reports. Performing relating duties as required including but not limited to filing, word processing and office housekeeping. Performs reception, switchboard and cashier duties at the Trail Aquatic & Leisure Centre. A detailed job description outlining the specific duties can be viewed here.
Wages are as per the Collective Agreement and are currently $19.48 per hour. This position is within the Bargaining Unit — CURE, Local 2087
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and fellow staff members.
- Ability to receive and process cash, cheque and credit card remittances.
- Ability to operate common office equipment.
- Ability to use computer software, including word processing and spreadsheet programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). Job Description — Recreation Cashier Receptionist I
- Minimum of Grade 12 education.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
- Standard First Aid or OFA Level I.
- Some swimming skills.
Applications containing a cover letter with detailed resume outlining qualifications, related experiences and references can be submitted by email. This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Trail thanks all applicants for their interest and will only reply to those selected for an interview.