The Appointment Coordinator is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by utilizing skills to set appointments with customers either through telephone, in-person or by e-mail. The appointment coordinator would ensure they confirm appointments and follow up/reschedule missed appointments. This position is responsible for answering customer enquiries, discussing pricing and availability.
Basic client services – answering product questions, discussing pricing & availability.
Attending to all incoming service inquiries from customers promptly and professionally.
Navigate through multiple computer applications, answer questions in an appropriate and standardized manner. Ensuring they are solutions focused and provide a personal touch in all customer contacts.
Make outbound and customer satisfaction calls to ensure that customers are happy with the service they received at the dealership.
Gather accurate customer information to log and create a database for continual follow up and customer retention.
Respond quickly to customer emails and internet leads through online scheduling.
Schedule service appointments and reschedule missed appointments.
Work with all departments in the dealership, charts and monitors daily activities.
Capable of projecting a positive image with every communication.
May be required to assist with reception duties as required
Perform other administrative duties, as assigned. Be detailed oriented
Actively maintain the cleanliness of personal and team workspaces.
Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene and professional appearance.
Ensure all documentation/paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Keep service department forms, menus and pricing guides up to date.
Commit to the Dealership Brand
- Stay up-to-date on all dealership training requirements.
- Understand and sell in-dealership manufacturer service promotions.
- Be knowledgeable about new features, specials and updates.
- Be a champion for delivering excellent service at all times.
- Actively promote and develop new business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an upbeat and engaging attitude.
- Customer relationship skills including listening and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good math skills.
- Organized and pays attention to detail.
- Flexible and open to change; take on special tasks as needed.
- Ability to negotiate win-win scenario’s for the customer.
- Results oriented and accountable.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Able to operate manual and automatic transmissions.
- Adaptable to work evening and weekend shifts as scheduled.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma.
- College certificate or additional courses would be an asset.
- A fundamental understanding of automotive mechanical fundamentals.
- Adaptable to work weekend shifts as scheduled.