Administrative Assistant/Field Research Assistant
The Administrative Assistant/Field Research Assistant is responsible for supporting various Morrow BioScience Ltd. (MBL) programs with general office tasks, operational needs, and through interactions with stakeholders. This position will include periods of variable hours from May through October, with some travel and field days required.
The Administrative Assistant/Field Research Assistant will report to the Lead Administrator for all administrative work and the Operations Manager for all field-based work.
The Administrative Assistant/Field Technician I will be based out of MBL’s Head Office in Rossland, BC, Canada.
- Provide administrative support for multiple mosquito control programs and invasive control operations
a. Reconcile accounts, b. liaise with accountant, c. perform basic electronic book-keeping (expense categorization, invoice evaluation, budget adherence, receipt collection from staff, etc.)
- Support report writing efforts
a. data acquisition from multiple provincial monitoring sites, entities, and MBL field sources.) b. supplementation of sections of partner reports (e.g., revise, proof-read, and supplement quarterly reports), c. file development and management
- Liaise with corporate lawyers
a. legal document management b. ensure MBL compliance with industry regulations and financial reporting requirements
- Liaise with Grant agency
a. summer intern employment record verification and submission
- Conduct occasional field work
a. water sample collection, b. mosquito larval collection, c. assist with regional community outreach events, d. occasional product and equipment delivery e. kayak/canoe into remote treatment areas for water sampling
- Maintain insurance compliance for company vehicles (cars, trucks, trailers, boat), including:
a. communications with insurance companies b. timely submission of required payments c. distribution of registration materials (tabs) to company vehicles and vessels
Maintain communication with summer interns for periodic collection of employment records.
Submit summer intern employment records (timecards) to Grant agency for reimbursement purposes
Provide public service announcements to regional/treatment district newspapers, radio stations and websites.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience • A minimum of 5 years of experience providing administrative support • A minimum of 5 years of experience with book-keeping • Experience with mosquito larval monitoring an asset, but not required • Experience with driving and backing up a trailer an asset, but not required • Experience with accounting laws and corporate laws an asset, but not required • Highly proficient with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint • Highly proficient with Google Drive document management and organization • Skilled canoeist/kayaker and swimmer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong computer skills • Strong literary skills • Knowledge of mosquito biology and control strategies • Knowledge of regional invasive plants • Ability to read and comprehend advanced scientific publications, data and analysis • Working knowledge of grant applications, budget development, and payment processes • Working knowledge of invoicing, expense organization • Ability to communicate effectively with provincial, local and community organizations • Well-developed written and communication skills • Proven ability to tow and back up
LANGUAGE OF WORK
Approx. 30 hours/week, 15 May – 15 October 2023
LOCATIONS OF WORK
Rossland, BC, Canada (Primary)
Travel throughout southern BC
Office: 1-877-986-3363 ext. 4
Mailing Address: PO Box 1013, Rossland, BC, Canada V0G1Y0